We went on our annual beach vacation to Fort Morgan with Michael's family the third week in June. With me being anxious about wanting to know if I was pregnant or not, I packed a couple pregnancy tests with me to take while we were there. I was apprehensive and nervous the whole time about eating too much seafood or eating my father-in-law's famous turkey sandwiches. It all worked out with meals we cooked because my sister-in-law is pregnant and has to limit seafood, etc. I'm glad I never had to explain why I didn't eat the turkey sandwiches or why I would have to refuse seafood at a family cooked meal.
Wednesday morning during our vacation I took two tests to be sure, and we were really excited about our news! I quickly got on the phone to get a doctor's appointment because I knew my family was coming to visit the next week and I wanted the results to be confirmed. My doctor's office scheduled a blood test Monday morning and a first prenatal visit 2 weeks later. I should mention that I love my doctor, and I'm so glad my friend Jessica recommended him.
Saturday, we came home from the beach and a few hours later, my family arrived to spend the week with us. I am so thankful for God's timing and that we were able to tell my family in person. I wanted to wait until after the blood test was confirmed, but couldn't hold it in any longer and ended up spilling the news Sunday afternoon. We told them by Michael asking me if I gave them their presents that we got from our beach trip, yet. So, I went back to the bedroom where I had stashed the books I ordered a week ago to present to them. Michael secretly recorded their reaction on his phone while they opened their gifts.
| The note says, "Please read this to me Feb. 2014. Love, Baby Rosenblum" |
| The books are double-sided, so this is the back. I'm not sure why it won't let me rotate the photo. |
Monday morning I went to go get the blood test, and they told me I should hear back from them in a couple days. I told my family to not get their hopes up because even though I was 99% sure I was pregnant, I was still holding my trust in the dollar tree home pregnancy tests. So, we went about our day and stopped at David's Bridal to try on a bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. She ended up trying on a few wedding dresses, too. She narrowed it down to two wedding dresses and we decided I should put the bridesmaid dress back on so we could see how it looked and take a picture. Well, as my mom took my phone out to take our picture, it was ringing. The lab results were in and confirmed I was in fact with child. My mom cried and the associate at David's Bridal cried, too. Amber ended up finding her wedding dress that week, and I am so happy I was able to be there to share in the joy and fun of finding the dress.

I can't believe you recorded it. Now, I am crying again. :-) I was wondering why you were sitting over at the table pretending to work. I still thought I was getting a box of Saltwater Taffy. Not sure why I thought that. I'm glad you were able to tell us in person and I love the book.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!