Three Months! Wow. Time is flying by. We have had a lot of fun and firsts over the past month. You have discovered your hands and feet. You celebrated your first Easter. You took your first flight to Florida. Still wearing size one diapers, but we had to start dressing you in your 3 month clothes. It is really sad to put away your newborn clothes. You smile a lot more especially when we sing to you in the morning. Daddy and I sing you a song called "Goodnight, Mia" when its time for you to sleep. You smile and really enjoy the words we make up for this song. Then we leave you in your crib and you put yourself to sleep. I am so happy that you are able to do this on your own now. You still cry/whimper a little bit before your late afternoon nap, but for all your other naps I just sing to you and leave you with your eyes open and you fall asleep on your own. We have worked really hard to get you on a schedule and you have done pretty good with it for the most part. I have gotten a lot more flexible lately because it has become more of a routine of eat-play-sleep than a set schedule. Everyday has been different so I stopped stressing about time and starting focusing on the routine instead. It seemed like as soon as we stopped worrying about the time, you started sleeping through the night. I still don't let you go longer than 3.5 hours (during the day) before I feed you. So our schedule routine has been:
Sometime between 7:00-7:30 wake up and eat
8:30 nap
10:15 eat
11:30 nap
1:15 eat
2:30 nap
4:00 eat
5:15 nap
6:30 bath, eat, and in bed by around 7:30-8. I will usually nurse you again right before bed at 8.
Then you sleep all night. Some days you do wake up around 4 or 5 for a snack then right back to sleep. But you don't really cry, I just hear you stirring and I really want to feed you because I'm still breastfeeding and it can get uncomfortable for me if you haven't ate in a while.
We had a lot of fun taking pictures of you for your first Easter. We went to the Egg Hunt and Brunch at Maysville and you wore an Easter outfit that once belonged to me. It was a little too big but you didn't seem to mind.
| Kipton (2), Mia (9 weeks), Hudson (1) |
April 24th was "Take your child to work day" so we went to visit Daddy at work for a little bit. We brought him Zaxby's for lunch and all the ladies at the office loved seeing you.
On April 28th, you spent your first night away from home. We didn't plan on this being your first night away from your own bed but the weather was predicted to be bad so we spent the night at Jack and Sandra Kachelman's house. It's always good to have friends with a basement. :-) They were so kind to let us stay and even bring our dogs, too. The ride to their house was a little crazy because Riley and Emma get excited in the car, but you slept the whole way. We only had to go in the basement once during the night. Our area was not really affected, but the surrounding counties had some destruction.
The weekend of May 4th we took a trip to Florida for Aunt Amber's wedding shower. You did really great on the airplane on the way down. You slept most of the time. However, on the way back home you cried for long time and I felt like I wrestled a monkey the whole time. The guy that sat next to us on our row ordered an alcoholic drink....I hope that wasn't because of us.You screamed through the Atlanta airport. I think you were just so overly tired from the weekend. We will try our best to never schedule a night flight again. You did much better with the early morning flight.
| Right after we landed in WPB, Daddy stood up and we saw that you pooped on his pants. Ha! |
| You love your Aunt Amber. |
| You got to meet your Great-Grandma Bette. |
| 4 generations |
| You got to go to all of Mommy's favorite restaurants including: Benny's on the Beach (pictured), Pollo Tropical, and C.R. Chicks. |
| Lake Worth Pier |
| We had to show your seahorse rump. |
After we ate at Benny's, we planned to go see the new outlet mall where the Palm Beach Mall used to be. We decided to take the scenic route and drive up the beach from Lake Worth. However, you couldn't make it all the way to the mall, so we stopped on Palm Beach and fed you a bottle.
| Eating in style on Palm Beach. |
Mimi, Aunt Amber, and Mommy went to get our nails done and we left you with Grampa. You woke up while we were gone and Grampa worked his magic and got you calmed down and back to sleep. When we came home, we thought it was funny that all the toys were lined up in front of you and Grampa. You were fine, but I still have a very hard time leaving you. The ladies at the nail salon were a little worried and asked Mimi if I was okay. It's not being away from you that is so hard (although I do miss you. Even when we are in the same house and you are napping, I miss you) The hard part is that I am responsible for feeding you and I didn't leave a bottle so I am thinking you are suffering in hunger while I'm out getting a mani/pedi and I feel a huge weight of guilt. But of course, you weren't hungry...just needed to burp and Grampa took good care of you and got you back to sleep.
| Palm Beach Lakes church of Christ |
| Not used to the bright Florida sunshine |
![]() |
| Aunt Amber and Uncle Ivan got lots of great wedding gifts at their shower. |
| We took you on a walk around the lake in Mimi and Grampa's neighborhood. |
| Looking cute in your car seat. |



I loved reading every line and seeing all the pictures you've added to the blog, Beth. Mia is such a little sweety and we love her so much! Can't wait to see her and you-all again next month. What a time that will be! Also, please remember to tell Mia that GraMpa loves her bunches.
ReplyDeleteDad/Grampa
Thanks, Grampa! We will kiss her chubby cheeks for you!
ReplyDelete