Tuesday, August 12, 2014

6 months

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Mia!




 
Wow! 6 months has flown by. You are so much fun and such a happy baby. Here are some facts about you:
*Weight: 13.8 lbs
*Length: 26.3 inches (70th percentile for height)
*Size 2 diapers
*Quickly growing out of your 3 month clothes. The 3-6 month clothes fit the best, but only a few brands make that size. We dress you in 6 month clothes sometimes, but it's still a little big. 
*You have traveled to 4 states
*You love to sing. We think it sounds something like Mariah Carey's high pitched voice, or that high part of the song "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton.


You have tried some vegetables including squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and green peas. You've also had your first taste of prunes. Which really do work...if anyone ever guessed their power on the digestive system. After seeing what prunes can do to a human body, I have decided that every family restroom should be equipped with a baby bidet and/or a hose. I just had to take a photo of this blowout because I was shocked at the power of prunes. This happened at our local Kohl's where I used every wipe in the diaper bag to basically give you a bath. Then apologized to the family waiting outside the family restroom due to the diaper explosion. (Sorry if this embarrasses you, Mia).




So, lesson learned....we will lower the prune intake. You have really enjoyed tasting solid foods for the most part. Your first taste of squash made you gag (and throw up a little), but the next day, you loved it. You also did not like your first taste of green peas. (more gagging) But, persistent Mommy made you try them the next day and you enjoyed them, too. Here are some photos of you trying new foods....






 
 
About this time last year, we were announcing on an airplane to Honduras that I was pregnant with you. (You can read about it here.) Of course, this year I did not get to go on the trip. So, we went to Grampa and  Mimi's house while Daddy and the rest of the family went to Honduras. This trip made a total of 12 flights for you. Although we were sad to be away from Daddy and our Honduran friends, we had fun in Florida. We were able to video call Daddy almost everyday. I was told that all our Honduran friends were asking about us. Daddy showed them pictures and gave hugs for us since we couldn't go. Here are some of the things we got to do in Florida....
 




Playing in the Atlanta airport

Being such a good girl on the plane

Love this view of Palm Beach

Since I was missing all the Honduran food this week, we went to Los Catrachos where Mia met a friend. :-)

Loving Bible Class with Ms. Regina 

We went to a birthday party and met some of Mimi's friends from work.

Love this one of Mia and her new stalker friend, Maria. Ha! Ha! I know you're reading this, Maria. :-)

Okay, here's the real picture of Mia and her new friends.

Talking with Grampa

We went to visit Great-Grandma and Mia is talking to her roommate.

Sweet hands of great-granddaughter and great-grandmother



Silly girl on the plane ride home

 
 
 We had a photo session with Traci Sproule Photography while we were in Florida.





This month, Mommy went back to work. Sad days for me, but you have been loving it being with Ms. Julia. Although I love my job as a school counselor, I miss you very, very much during the day. You have been doing great. Your new typical day goes something like this.......
6am wake up, nurse, eat rice cereal mixed with prunes
7:10 Daddy takes you to Ms. Julia's house
8:15ish nap for about 1.5 hours
Drink a bottle and eat some baby food for lunch
12:15ish nap for about 2.5 hours
3:00 Mommy picks you up, takes you home and nurses you for an afternoon snack
Sometimes around 4 you need a little catnap
5:00 Nurse and  Baby food Dinner
7:30 Bedtime
We think it is so cute that Julia's girls will take a stool out to get closer to you.




You still reach out for my face when I nurse you. It is really cute, but sometimes really hurts if your nails need trimming.

Someday I'll read "The Kissing Hand" to you.


 
Honk! Honk!

 
 
 

 

We went to a birthday party in Nashville, TN to celebrate your cousin Lilly and Owen turning one!




 I will let the next series of pictures describe how the road trip to Nashville went........







 
You woke up just as we got there.

You've met Jake before, but we didn't take a picture. So this is proof.

Great Grandmomma and Great Granddaddy
Aunt Lisa

You did well to keep with the theme of Peter Rabbit by eating your carrots for dinner.
Happy Birthday, Lilly and Owen. We had fun at your party!


The ride home was much better. You were asleep before we even left the neighborhood.
 
 

 
 

 
You have graduated from Chickadee hair to Rooster Hair
I will end this month's update by showing a bunch of cute, random photos of you.



Can you spot the photo bomber?

Cutie pie getting ready to sleep with a serenade duet by Mommy and Daddy. 





 
 
 Mia we love you so much! Half a year with you has been so much fun. I can't wait to see what joy the rest of the year will bring. You are my sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment