Sunday, December 1, 2013

27 weeks

How far along? 27 weeks, 5 days. Third Trimester starts this week! Mia is the size of a head of cauliflower (16 in, 2.5lbs). Only 83 days until the due date! My preggo app says I will most likely gain 11 pounds this trimester. Yikes....I think the two thanksgiving meals I ate this week helped that get a jump start. I'm planning to get back to healthy eating this week. I haven't been able to exercise as much either because of lower back pain. One thing I read said that by now your baby might already be getting on your nerves, literally. I think that is what's happening to me because it only hurts on my left side when I walk. So, I've been doing more stretching and yoga instead of the usual elliptical.

My parents were able to come up for a few days this week and we had a great time. My dad helped a lot around the house: installed a fan in Mia's room, fixed some shelves in the garage, hung Mia's bedroom curtains up, helped with stapling the ribbon on her hair bow organizer, cut the excess metal off the back of the hair band holder, fixed all the loose towel holders in our bathrooms, patched some holes in the kitchen ceiling, and many other little jobs, too. I didn't realize how much he actually did until I just typed it all out. Thanks, Dad. We really appreciated your help and I know Mia will love her curtains and hair bow holder for years to come. My mom cooked us a delicious dinner and helped create the hair bow organizer along with many other little odds and ends around the house, too. Our dogs, Riley and Emma also always love it when Mimi and Grampa come for a visit.

Completed hair bow organizer. Now we just need to clip some bows to the ribbon and hang some bands on the knobs.

The nursery is still a work in progress, but is coming along. We will finish the rest of the craft projects I have planned to hang on the walls with Aunt Amber during Christmas break.  
Update from last post: I passed the glucose test and it wasn't bad at all. People have told me how gross the drink tastes, but it wasn't that bad. It tasted kind of like orange kool-aid.  I did end up eating Cracker Barrel after the appointment and Michael was able to meet me there for a brunch date. (To be honest, I ate at Cracker Barrel 3 times last week. Once was after my appointment, and the other two were in Gardendale, AL. I went to the annual Alabama School Counselor conference in Birmingham and we stopped on the way down and back. As I am typing this I also remembered I went on Thanksgiving morning, too. David, Jessie, Sam, and Lilly wouldn't be able to make it to the Rosenblum side Thanksgiving feast, so we went with Tommy and Barbara for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. So that makes 4 times in two weeks. I think I will stay away for awhile.)

Sleep? Thankfully, I am sleeping pretty good still. I have a hard time getting in and out of bed though because of my back and large belly.

Food Cravings? Aunt Paula's Sweet Potato Casserole...of which I ate plenty of the past couple of days.

Movement? Yes, usually she moves the most around 9 am and 9 pm. I think I have felt her have the hiccups once or twice, too.

Looking forward to? Decorating and getting ready for Christmas. And getting back into eating right and exercising daily. I pretty much took this week off and can definitely tell a difference. I almost didn't want to post the picture of myself because I am starting to look pregnant all over, not just in the belly. "They" say that if you write out your goals, you're more likely to accomplish them, so I guess that's why I've talked about it so much this post. All in all, it doesn't really matter...as long as Mia is healthy and continuing to grow, I don't care too much about my chubby face. But, it is my responsibility to make sure she gets the best nutrients possible, so that is great motivation. Speaking of...I think I'll go have some of Mr. Weaver's famous coconut cake left over from Thanksgiving. Ha! Coconut is good for you, right?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention in your latest Blog entry, Beth. We had a Great time visiting with you, Michael and the "girls". Mom especially enjoyed feeling Mia kick. Our Thanksgiving was really a great time this year. Grampa is getting excited for her arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good, Beth! Males me want to blog! Love the room!

    ReplyDelete