Saturday, February 22, 2014

37 weeks

This photo was taken very early in the morning of Feb. 7, 2014. I haven't been very good at getting someone to take weekly photos. So, quickly before work I had Michael take this photo. (Little did I know, I wouldn't be going to work that day...) . The day before (Feb. 6) I attended a school counselor workshop. I was hoping this whole time that I would be able to make it to that particular event because I went last year and it was really good. They give you a check to spend on supplies from a vendor so that makes it even better! I was able to buy a few books and games. It's also fun to be able to see my friends from other schools, too. I had a doctor's appointment after the workshop and since it finished a little early, I decided to go to the mall to waste some time before my appointment instead of going home. So, I walked the entire mall for my exercise for the day. I was feeling uncomfortable all day, but I thought it was just me getting closer and friends have told me the last 4 weeks will be very uncomfortable. (And I ate a lot that day, too. Ha! Breakfast at home, then a second breakfast at the workshop, then a mid morning snack at the workshop, then a huge lunch at Shay's Express, and after the doctor's appointment we went to Mellow Mushroom).

I really think walking the mall helped move things along. The nurse checked my progress at the appointment and said I was 2cm dilated. We were really excited. At this point we still had not packed for the hospital, so this really motivated us. After the appointment we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a frame I'd been wanting for the nursery. I really did not feel good at Hobby Lobby. Like, I might have ran just a little to get to the restroom. Then we went to Target because I wanted to get some items to take with us to the hospital- mostly toiletries to have packed and ready to go so when the time came, I didn't have to worry about searching my bathroom at home to get soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. After Target, we decided to grab some dinner, but I still didn't feel good and we finally decided Mellow Mushroom would be okay. After we ordered our calzones, we talked about the baby and Michael told me I'll be a good mom and I told him he will be a good dad. Then I said we weren't very good parents to our dogs today since it is so cold tonight and they have been outside for a few hours. Then we realized our miscommunication...Michael thought I let them out, I thought he let them out. But no, they were both still inside since we left that morning. Which was good that they were not cold, but I know they were doing the potty dance. So, we had to ask for our orders to go so we could go home to let them out. Kinda funny after we just complimented each other on our soon to be parenting skills. The dogs were good and our furniture was not shredded like I thought it might be. I really did not even think about how that night could be my last night to be pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment