Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fall 2016

Well, today is January 1st and what a great time it is to get back to writing this blog. I guess it can be added to a list of resolutions. My goal is to have, at minimum, a post for every season. So here we go with a recap of Fall 2016....
*Mia is very into dress up. She loves pretend play- besides dressing up and pretending to be a Disney princess, she enjoys pretending to be a baby, pretending to be a kitty cat, and pretending to be asleep. She likes for us to hold her like a baby while she pretends to be asleep.
 *Mia has loved being in Miss Becky's class at school. Some days she would cry when I picked her up because she wasn't done playing yet. Miss Becky says she is very cute, but VERY stubborn. Finally, someone else besides me sees it! Ha! She tries to push the limits and it got better when we say, "you disobey and you don't get to play". There was only once I can remember when I picked her up, she wasn't playing on the playground because she disobeyed. She's matured some and its gotten a lot better. The teacher's helper is Miss Glenda who Mia adores. She will talk about her a lot ("Gwenda"). Poor Miss Glenda spent a lot of time with Mia in the potty because she was using her stubbornness and refusing to go when she should, and therefore causing constipation. I'm convinced it was a power/control issue and it has since ceased, but Mia and Miss Glenda spent lots of time together going back and forth to the potty.  In December 2016, Mia moved up to Miss Pam's class. We gave gift cards to the teachers thanking them for all they do, especially on the hard days. Miss Glenda wrote us back saying thank you to us and how she couldn't help but fall in love with our Mia. So sweet. It is such a comfort and reassurance that we have chosen the right school for her. Now, Mia is reunited with all her friends in Miss Pam/Miss Sherry's class. She will ask me after school what I learned about, then I ask her about her school and what she learned about. Mia's answer usually is, "I learned about crayons and markers."  She still doesn't quite get that I'm not a student at my school. But, I do tell her that I learned something new (because in school counseling, you typically do learn something new everyday).
*Phrases Mia says often: What time is it? What...What you talking about? I'll probably.....
*Mia loves books. Favorites are: The Dog Who Cried Wolf (Moka) , If You See a Kitten, and Going on a Bear Hunt. She can "read" on her own the If you see a kitten book.
*Favorite food is still cheese. When talking about Thanksgiving and the foods we would eat, she said, "There'll probably be cheese".

Fall 2016 has been fun! The most exciting news came in August when we found out we are having a baby! Another "renegade" to add to the Rosenblum family.
August 17th Six Weeks!

Mia wearing my Sea Bands




Sept. 28th- 12 weeks!

October 19th- 15 weeks!

We told our family and friends with Mia wearing her Big Sister shirt. She is really excited about being a sister. This pregnancy has been different from the first. I made a prenatal appointment pretty much immediately when we found out so I could get the blood test to confirm. Then came back the next visit and I was right around 6 weeks when I had my first ultrasound to confirm a heart beat. I was able to hear the heartbeat, but there was some bleeding in my uterus that the ultrasound showed. They say it is common and usually takes care of itself in time, but let's go ahead and take progesterone twice a day to help. Then two weeks later, I went back to the doctor with my lab results I had from before Mia regarding the blood clotting tests I had done because I was nervous about taking the progesterone with the potential blood clotting issues. Well, after looking at the labs results, the doctor put me on blood thinner shots once daily and suggested I take some supplements to help with the factor 5 as well. Also, I tested positive for Strep B so I was put on antibiotics. So, I was a little overwhelmed with all the medicines I suddenly had to remember to take. Morning time: wake up 30 minutes early to take the progesterone, then lay back down. Then after breakfast, take prenatal pill, baby aspirin, iron pill, vitamin D, vitamin MTFR, and antibiotic. Then before bed, another progesterone pill and a shot. And just like that I go from low risk to high risk, seeing the doctor every 2 weeks. And every time I have an appointment, they take more blood to test progesterone levels. I am so very thankful for the gift of a child when all my blood work says I should have had multiple miscarriages by now. At our big twenty week appointment, we found out that we are having a boy! And that he has no abnormalities and growing right on schedule. Also, my placenta is looking great, so no more taking progesterone twice a day! YAY!! Getting up 30 minutes early to take the pill then lay there feeling nauseous has been no fun at all. It has taken Mia several weeks to be okay with the fact she's having a brother. Still in her prayers, she will say "Thank you for our sister". But it could be that she's thankful for BEING a sister. Now, I'm 25 weeks pregnant and she talks about brother all the time and likes to feel when he kicks. She will show me her belly and say she's got a baby in there, too. I have been sick again this pregnancy again. However, there is a new drug called Diclegis which you can take as a preventative the night before, and the next day is so much more bearable. So, I took it faithfully every night until about week 18 or so. Now, at week 25 I still feel icky sometimes if I have an empty stomach.




Nov. 15th



The highlight of the month of October was FALL BREAK! We went to Disney World and then visited my family in West Palm Beach. Mia absolutly loved meeting all the princesses. Here was our itinerary for the trip:
Sunday- Church and then downtown Disney (now known as Disney Springs) for Earl of Sandwich and shopping. Dinner at the Boardwalk- we ate at the ESPN restaurant. Then watch the street performers while eating icecream.
Monday- Magic Kingdom Day!
Tuesday- Hang around the hotel, swim at the pool, relax, recover from yesterday. Dinner at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness, then walk over to Chip and Dale's sing along.
Wednesday- Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Then Cape May for dinner.
Thursday- Character Brunch at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins.
Thursday-Monday: West Palm Beach with Mimi, Grampa, Amber, and Tio. We were boarded up all day Friday with Hurricane Matthew coming through during the night. But we were able to have a great beach day on Saturday.

We had to scarf down our food at the last character breakfast so that we could beat the storm to WPB. It was nerve wracking. On a positive, there was no traffic heading South and the tolls were lifted. Michael's family had to drive back home in their rental cars since all the flights in Orlando were cancelled and it wasn't safe to stay at the hotel being so high up. By the way, Mia loved the hotel. She called it her Disney house. She would say, "This is my Disney house and I love it!".


The highlight of our Disney trip was meeting all the princesses. It was precious! "Cinderella kissed me on the forehead, right there!" and she would point to her head.



We had a great time visiting family in WPB. We were boarded up for the hurricane for one day, but thankfully we had no damage. We only lost power for a few seconds and it came right back on (just in time to heat up a brownie in the microwave...ha!) The storm came through in the middle of the night. Michael and Mia slept right through it. I used to be a deep sleeper, but now I wake for any little noise- so I heard all the wind beating on the house.  Since all was clear, we enjoyed a day at the beach with beautiful weather. 



Fall fun continues at our annual trip to Tate Farms. Mia had a blast this year jumping on the big pillows and she actually played in the corn this time. Last year, she hated the corn beds. 





Happy Halloween! Mia dressed up like Rapunzel. We walked to a few houses for trick or treat with the Jordan Family. The kids had a good time handing out candy from our house, too. The memories that stuck with them are the spider that turned his head and "Mr. Bones" aka Logan next door. We had a fun night.



Trick or treat, Granddaddy!




We spent Thanksgiving in WPB. We had wonderful warm weather and great food at Mimi and Grampa's. Michael deep fried a turkey for the first time and it was delicious. We visited Santa at the Gardens Mall and played in "snow" at City Place. It was a fun holiday. 


Church shower for Baby Villard.  Mia loved helping.



Overall, Fall is such a fun time of year with beautiful weather and outdoor activities to enjoy. Now, we can start getting excited for Christmas time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment